Effective date: February 26th, 2020
Types of Personal Information We Collect
During your use of our Site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Information”). We collect different types of personal information for various purposes in order to provide you with the products or services and to improve our Site. Here are types of information we may collect:
- Personal Data You Give Us
Personal Data we may ask you to provide when you create account with us or proceed order with us includes, but is not limited to:
- Email address,
- First name and last name,
- Phone number,
- Billing address,
- Shipment address, and
- Credit card information.
- Usage Data:
We may also collect information on how the site is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Site that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
- Tracking & Cookies Data:
– Session Cookies: We use Session Cookies to operate our Site.
– Preference Cookies: We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
– Security Cookies: We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Purposes of Use of Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to offer and provide our products and services, to improve our services and our Site, including without limitation:
- To provide and maintain our Site
- To notify you about changes to our Site
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Site
- To monitor the usage of our Site
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
Retention of Personal Information
Pool Fits will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period-of-time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Storage of Personal Information
Your Personal Information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to, and stored on, computers located outside of your province, country or governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside of Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we store the Personal Information, including Personal Data, in Canada and process it there.
The payment processors we work with are:
Security of Personal Information
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose your Personal Information with your prior consent or under the following limited circumstances:
- Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, Pool Fits may be required to disclose your Personal Information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
- Legal Requirements
Pool Fits may disclose your Personal Information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pool Fits
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
- To protect against legal liability
- Third-party Products/Service Provider
We may disclose or otherwise make available your Personal Information to third-party products/services providers. Examples are products vendors/manufacturers, shipping vendors, payment card processors, Google Analytics, marketing service providers and companies help us improve our products or services. These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Business Transfers
We may transfer Personal Information in connection with a prospective or completed merger or sale involving all or part of our business or asset or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
Your Access to Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to keep your Personal Information accurate and complete. You can always access or update your Personal Information, including contact or account information, by logging into your account with us or by sending us email or clicking “Contact Us” button requesting access or update of your Personal Information.
- You can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of certain features and functions of our Site.
- You can always delete, add or update certain information by logging into your account with us or requesting us to do so.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you, you may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
- If you do not want to accept cookies we may use on our Site, you can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, though by refusing cookies you may not be able to use some portions of our Site, including but not limited to, account log-in, add to cart, quick quote and or online check out.
- California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
- Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to: Contact Us on the Site
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no liability for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party sites or service providers.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Site or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Site, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or credit card information. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at Contact Us on the Site
California residents under 16 years of age may have additional rights regarding the collection and sale of their personal information. Please contact us at Contact Us on the Site to learn about these additional rights.
Your Rights under the California Online Protection Act (CalOPPA)
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by the Company to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, Please contact us at Contact Us on the Site.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a registered user of any site where this policy is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to Contact Us on the Site. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to Contact Us on the Site.
If You Are from European Economic Area
If you are from the European Economic Area (EEA), you will also have the legal rights under General Data Protection Regulation. We aim to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or limit the use of your Personal Information
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or delete the information we have on you.Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Information directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification.You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object.You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Information.
- The right of restriction.You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Information.
- The right to data portability.You have the right to be provided with a copy of the Personal Information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent.You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Pool Fits relied on your consent to process your Personal Information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
Conditions of Use